Gardening as Prayer

For me, there is something profound at work in gardening. Perhaps it is because plant life was created by God and when we work with plants we sense a closeness to Him, our wonderful Creator.

I encourage you to try it.


I am Karin Vollbrecht, Team Leader for NEBC's Gardening Team. On this site you will be able to see what our team is doing around the grounds including before and after photos! Additionally, there is a link to see what items are welcome as donations.


Friday, February 18, 2011

Starting Up

As some of you might have noticed, weather permitted us to go out on Sunday, February 13th and do some work in the beds.  Dave, the kids, and myself worked on getting the grass and old mulch out of the two front and two of the side beds exposing some of the existing sprinklers.  We piled up the old mulch into Dave's pickup and hauled it over and put it out lining the sidewalk which enters the building next to the kids playground.  The kids enjoyed helping and being outdoors and my husband Dave was a trooper supporting and helping me.  I am looking forward to continually cleaning out the beds along the side of the building and Dave will be revising the sprinkler system to suit our planting.  Since the weather should be getting more adaptable to being outdoors I will be scheduling some days for work, hope you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment